Community Resources

Community Resources 2017-08-29T15:08:58+00:00

Community Resources for Responding to Child Sexual Abuse in Madison County


Call to Report Abuse

Contact the Nebraska CPS Program at 1-800-652-1999 or any Law Enforcement Agency at 911. You are not required to provide proof. Anyone who makes a good faith report based on reasonable grounds is immune from prosecution.   If the abuse occurred within the past 72 hours, a medical evaluation by a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner is available at the Northeast Nebraska Child Advocacy Center.  Local law enforcement will assist you in this process.


Girls & Boys Town National Hotline (24 hour) – 1-800-448-3000

Bright Horizons (Domestic Violence and Rape) – 1-877-379-3798

Family Resource Center Coalition of Nebraska – 1-402-223-6040

Childhelp USA: National Child Abuse Hotline – 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)

Nebraska Family Helpline – 1-888-866-8660

Runaway Hotline – 1-800-786-2929 or

Additional Resources

Legal Help

Legal Aid Services of Nebraska –  1-402-348-1060 or   1-877-250-2016

Nebraska State Bar Association – 1-402-475-7091


Victim Advocacy

Madison County Victim/Witness Program – 1-402-454-3311 Ext. 217

CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) – 1-402-371-9599

Of Northeast Nebraska

Resources for Healing

Treatment Providers

Nebraska Dept. of Health and Human Services – 1-800-782-8844

Faith Regional Health Services Behavioral Health – 1-402-644-7461

Support groups for survivors and for parents and families of children who have been abused

Call the Mental Health Association of Nebraska for group listings – 1-888-441-4371

Call the Sexual Assault Hotline for current group listings in your area – 1-800-656-4673


Websites for more information on child sexual abuse and/or trauma


The Northeast Nebraska Child Advocacy Center is the Child Advocacy Center for Madison County. FEEL FREE TO CALL THE CENTER WITH ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT WHERE TO FIND RESOURCES RELATED TO CHILD ABUSE: 402-644-7402.